Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
My sister is a therapist, and told me 90+% of "violent criminals" were badly abused as children. That has to mean something. And I agree on the rehabilitation but our system is too busy building prisons to spend any money on such silly things. Also, by the time they get to where they are, unless a miracle happens, they are almost beyond hope. (beckyz51)

=============

That's right Becky. Unfortunately, some are beyond hope. For once we agree. That's exactly why we need to build the prisons in the first place. It's not always about rehabilitation. Sometimes, It's about protecting society.

==============
Also, with DNA evidence proving so many of these guys innocent, after YEARS on death-row---I'm not to sure of anyones guilt anymore. (beckyz51)

==============

Honestly, if you were ever a juror, could you ever find anybody guilty of a crime? It doesn't sound like it. I don't think you are being objective. No offense but I sure hope you are never seated on a jury.

You speak of all these poor innocent people being framed and later proven innocent by the use of DNA evidence. It happens. That's unfortunate at the time of conviction but fortunate that the truth comes out.

What's equally alarming are all the guilty souls that go free because of jurists (maybe like you) who refuse to believe the facts. Ever hear of the O.J. verdict? That happens far more often than the example you cite.

=======================

Free lawyers often don't know enough and have caseloads so huge they can't even remember who you are. (beckyz51)

========================

I agree with you again. If you get yourself in trouble, why don't you pay for your own Damn lawyer? Why should the taxpayer pay for your nephew's lawyer. After all, in your nephew's case he either pled guilty or was convicted and given 6 mos. jail time plus probation. That speaks volumes Nobody should pay for that guy's lawyer but himself. If he can't afford one, let him take out a mortgage on his house. The taxpayer should not have to fork over for a defense lawyer upon conviction of the accused. (and then have to listen to the family bellyache about the quality of the legal representitive they received) Sheesh!

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm picking on you. I really don't mean too. I'm just as passionate in my belief system as you are.

bs5
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.