Skip to main content
Update
The boards are getting a new home!

We're pleased to announce an update is coming to the community boards. We are migrating the boards to a new platform. The site is currently in read-only mode and we will bring it back online as soon as the migration is complete.

Monday, September 26th 8AM EST: The migration is taking longer than expected, we need a few more hours to bring the site back online.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
My son-in-law returned home from a conference and tested positive.

Of the reasons to think twice about traveling, attending a conference surely deserves to oust #5 on that list in a previous thread (which is as dumb a reason for staying at home as I can think of) It's right up there with my hesitancy WRT our upcoming trips.....end of next month for dh to present a couple of papers at the Digestive Diseases Week conference in San Diego and the following month the same at the European Association for Study of the Liver in London. Both whoppers as meetings go and I think the fretting and wondering "what if...." (especially the rigmarole involved with returning to the US) will be a spoiler for me on top of the decision for me not to register and attend. I'll have to force some retail therapy on myself with the money I've saved.

Best of luck with recovering from Covid. I say that rather than "take care" since I imagine you've been taking as much care as humanly possible.....and then some.....throughout this pandemic and if anyone deserves a stroke of luck, it must surely be you.

A few more days with your grandson and dau is hopefully a bit of compensation.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.