Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
My story:

CameraNerd was a pretty darn considerate fellow, but like all humans he was not perfect.

Every once in a while he would come up with some comment that was Not Appreciated By Me At All.

Early in our relationship when he'd say such things, I would look at him and say "Now would be a really good time for you to tell me how pretty you think I am." while giving him a Disapproving Stare.

Later on in the relationship, I could just pull out the Disapproving Stare and he wold tell me "You're Pretty? Right?".

Heh.

Back in the old days, I would come up with some real zingers, deliver them, and then apologize profusely almost immediately with "you know I'm only kidding, right?" Now that I know it's ok to just be me, I deliver them, and if they are over the line (there is no line really) I just say "hey, you've known how I am since we met so don't try to change me now."

It's worked well so far, but I'll admit there has been once or twice that I ended up apologizing. But those were REALLY bad ones.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.