Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Blues are playing three road games in four days. Tonight at Seattle, Sunday at Vancouver, Monday at Calgary.

But they only played 5 games, all at home in the past 15 days.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Everyone gets a turn this year it seems.
Ray, you got to go a long way to match NY Islanders opening season schedule because of delay finishing their new arena….

13 away games in a row in 1 month, including 1 trip to Pacific Time Zone and 2 separate trips to Florida!
That's the Islanders fault. The Blues have a perfectly functioning arena.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Blues are playing three road games in four days. Tonight at Seattle, Sunday at Vancouver, Monday at Calgary. But they only played 5 games, all at home in the past 15 days.

Not sure what the problem is, other than a little better balance would have been nice. Were there any cancellations during that 15-day stretch? Paying for that dang-near-vacation with basically one extra game on the NW swing is getting off *REALLY* easy. You realize Seattle and Vancouver are basically a 2.5/3-hour bus ride apart, right? Sure it would be slightly easier if they moved the 'nucks game up a day to give St. Lou the day's break (Sunday) to accommodate the longer plane ride to Alberta, but even that difference is pretty small--78 minutes vs. 44 minutes of flying from Seattle.

I didn't think 3 road games in 4 days was that rare, especially if 2 of them are close together, like SoCal, Alberta, Florida, Columbus/Pittsburgh, Buffalo/Toronto (possibly Detroit too, 100 air miles to the west), and especially NYC/NJ, which gives a team 3 road games from the same hotel, maybe even a 4th if you count Philly, less than 100 miles away. Even SoCal-Vegas clocks in at just under an hour--56 minutes, same as Detroit-to-Chicago.

So I guess I'm saying a flight under an hour for back-to-back road games doesn't strike me as injustice at all.

-n8 (opinions on sale on Fridays)
Were there any cancellations during that 15-day stretch?

Nope
And the Blues lose the final game. I went back and checked. The Blues have split every back-to-back games this season. This just isn't right. No teams should have to play back-to-back.