Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
The message you're trying to access has been removed from the boards. The most likely reason for this is that the message violated our Fool's Rules about appropriate content. Either that or it was swallowed up by intergalactic space beasts from the planet Xeenu.

Please check out The Motley Fool's Terms and Conditions of Service.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Great Work I-Man. You've made # 250 something to great to comtemplate. (ta da bing bam)

I was still hoping to see a defection to the Republican side. There is always tomorrow.

bs5
No. of Recommendations: 1
But teach them how to fish so they may eat for a lifetime.

Hmmmm...my husband just returned from a weeklong fishing expedition and I must say that if we had to rely on him for food on the table, we'd be in bad shape! His monster SUV and his bass boat are just not gettin' it done and the cost per pound caught is way out of proportion!

On the other hand there's an old Chinese proverb:

If you wish to be happy for one hour, get intoxicated.
If you wish to be happy for three days, get married.
If you wish to be happy for eight days, kill your pig and eat it.
If you wish to be happy forever ........
Learn to fish.

Carol

No. of Recommendations: 0
Learn to fish.

Yes, but as best I can tell from a lifetime of observation, it doesn't appear that catching fish is the object of fishing. It would seem that your husband is yet another confirmation of this idea.

No. of Recommendations: 2
Ace...

Great post. All well intentioned. Not only are you young AND bright, but you have a good foundation, IMO.

Ace, as I have told you before, I think in due time, when you really analyze your beliefs, you will seee that you do lean Conservative. You will see that everything people have told you about "Democrats championing people", is propoganda.

Look at your OWN 250TH post!:

*>>"If you beleive in what you are fighting for, then don't let anyone discourage you from your task. That is the meaning of Democracy.>>"

Right you are. Look at how MANY Conservatives, have sacrificed their reputations, AND careers in fighting for what they believe.

*>>"But teach them how to fish so they may eat for a lifetime. Educate their children. Give the poor an alternative means of making money so they don't have to sell them into slave labor.">>

I agree 100%. Ace, look at your feelings! What you are talking about, is not giveing a "handout", but a "handup"! For 50 years, look at people who are trapped into gov't services. (Yes, there are successes also). But look at how many GENERATIONS find themselves dependant on the gov't. Waht you are talking about, closely resembles the 1994 welfare plan, a Conservative bill. Help people for awhile, but prod them onto their feet, so they may fish for themselves.

You want to help the poor educate their kids. I assume you dont think we have done a good job with that. I agree. Now, imagine a poor family in the inner city, working hard. Kids trapped in a bad school. IF these people could send their kids to a good private school, would the kids learn more? YES. Ace...these are your own words. Translation: VOUCHERS, another Conservative item.

<<"Instead of looking for
something to blame, find a solution for you problems in all the areas of your life>>"

Once again, I agree. Do not blame the gov't. Do not blame people more fortunate than you. Do not blame people from a different race. Assert your free will!!!!! Another Conservative Tenet.

Ace, when I read your words, I feel that it is a fellow Conservative talking. If you are surrounded by young peers, teachers, and media, you will be told the opposite. But, I predict that the more you grow, the more you see things, Acejustice maybe a delegate to a Republican National Convention one day!!!

USE THE FORCE!!! JEDIKNIGHT

PS:(2024, when the nephew of George W Bush...."George P. Bush" is the Republican nominee.) He is charismatic, Hispanic, and starting law school now. See you in 22 years!

No. of Recommendations: 0
If you wish to be happy for three days, get married

Now you tell me!

(Just kidding honey)!
No. of Recommendations: 4
OMOV,

Congratulations on your twinstar post... you have a long future ahead of you both here and in realife... I see a brightness beyond whatever star you may achieve here at the fool...

Keep up your posting... I for one am glad that you were not discouraged earlier on... you have a lot to offer in the ways of fresh views...

Congrats again and I look forward to reading more of your posts...

CaveGirl
Fantastic post, Ace. Congratulations and keep up the great work!

Take care,
Spriteman
Congratulations on your second star OMOV,

Guess I'll be seeing you around. When your message is open discussion and tolerance, you are welcome everywhere I know of.

Gunnar
Ace, check out the essay on the link below and see what 11th grader Matthew Loveless had to say. How do you respond? gooh:)> http://humanistsnps.com/contest.html

No. of Recommendations: 3
Sorry, too much content