Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My understanding is that you can roll over your TSP into a traditional IRA when you separate, though you are not required to do so. If you're planning on staying in civil service after you leave the military, you will still be able to contribut to the TSP.

Personally, I'd prefer to have the money under my own direct control instead of pigeonholed into the fund choices Uncle Sam provides. I'm far better at managing my own money than some stuffed shirt.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.