Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
my understanding of compensation is that its payment "for services rendered" and therefore moving allowances are not included.

The Internal Revenue Code defines how compensation is determined for the purposes of determining HCE's. There isn't a literal distinction made between pay earned for services rendered and pay this is earned otherwise.

do you guys (or does anyone) know the IRS definition of compensation versus taxable income or how compensation is defined within HCE?

I've got a resource book that provides this information. I'll look it up in the next day or two and post it here.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.