Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
The Boy has been wearing glasses for about a year, and I can't count how many times I've had to repair them. I've gone through three sets of screws, two of those little screwdrivers and some superglue (don't ask). It got to the point I was tempted to duct tape them to his head. After he lost one of his lenses for good, I decided at that moment that he would not get another pair of wireframes, even though that's what the majority of children's glasses are, and they're expensive. We went to the optometrist (who has seen us so many times we should have our own chairs) and told the Boy to pick out a pair of plastic frames. The pair he picked out are dark brown and roundish, and when he tried them on he exclaimed, "These make me look just like Harry Potter!" Fine, $18, get them.

Since getting these new glasses, he hasn't taken them off or swung them around or lost them or sat on them...

Uhura
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.