Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
[[My wife has been working several days at home and several days in the office. The office is in the
city with an income tax. She found out that she can go back as far as '94 to resubmit her taxes and
not pay city taxes for the days she works at home (as long as the company verifies she was working
at home on those days). The city has already verified the capacity to do this. I have used her city
tax as an itemized deduction each of these years on our Federal Taxes. Will this just be an
adjustment to her income next year just like a regular city or state refund, or do I have to re-file
Federal taxes for each of these years?]]

I responded to this question a few days back. You might want to go back and look for the response. If the response got kicked off of the folder for some reason, let me know and I'll take another shot at it.

TMF Taxes
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.