Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
My wife & I have separate accounts of over $100k each with AMEX too. We moved them from Salomon Smith Barney because of their commission free transactions & we respect the company. We are not day traders & most of our investment are for long term but we do have set aside a small portion of it to trade actively.

Like everybody else, now we have lost faith in AmEx. If they do not do anything to the change, we will move our accounts to another discount broker. We will also close our AmEx credit card account. I guess they do not realize that they could lose their credit card business too. I will spread the news to my friends who have AmEx credit cards.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.