Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
Great Job MF, I buy a number your premium services. I invest in a highly diversified manner - as per instructions. NOW I am loosing my shirt. Today, down 5% on a portfolio of over 40+ highly curated MF recommendations. Oddly, my 5 non-MF stocks that I have in my portfolio have beaten MF over the last 6 months (even before the crash of the last week). NEVER AGAIN. Is it Motley Fool? Or just Fool - Maybe that is me.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Mmmm...? Not to defend anyone, 'cause I don't get one penny for that anyway, but looking at the market right now?! I bet mostly everyone are loosing their shirts. So, why not try to stick to the plan and see it through? It might end well after all. What else do you have to loose?
Nevertheless, don't listen to me. I am no one to give any advice. Sorry for even trying.
No. of Recommendations: 5
I looked at the markets over the past few months and saw them reaching all-time highs while MF stocks were absolutely tanking. Yes, the markets have taken a beating today, but the MF recommendations even moreso. This isn’t a case of “everything’s been going down for a while”. That’s just not true.
Agreed MF is definitely my worst investment- it's opened the door to a whole world of loss.
No. of Recommendations: 3
I agree! I lost on so many of the latest recommendations. Around 50% down on LMND, APPN, and about 30% down on CRWD, PINS, anyway many more examples I’m down 25% on my overall portfolio assembled from about 40 fools recommendations…
No. of Recommendations: 1
Has that been the first fool portfolio that you have put together?
Agreed I wasted CC reward points to buy Discovery 10x and down on all the stocks I bought in that loser recommend list. They should have named it Discovery -10x would be more realistic, I'd be doing great if did total opposite that M/F recommended and shorted all those stocks. Now all M/F does is spam my email trying to upsell me on other programs, are they desperate or feel guilty because they screwed over investors with Dis 10x trash research and recommend buys, take your pick.
I totally agree with this post and how poorly Discovery 10x was. The stocks recommended are bad and joke. M/F should have said it was 10x years before you'll be in the green!
No. of Recommendations: 4
I would suggest that all of you get out of the market. If you don't have a 10+ year horizon then don't be in stocks. All of your responses sound like you only expect every stock to go up. Sorry, that's not the way it works.
You need to do what gives you peace of mind. If you are not happy with TMF take your money out and put it elsewhere - simple as that. We have all made mistakes and hopefully learned from them and we move on.
No. of Recommendations: 7
Nobody knows when growth stocks typically picked by the MF will go up. It isn't pleasant, but that is the truth. Last year was ridiculous and everything went up; this year (perhaps this month) everything is going down---especially the growth stocks favored by the Fool. It simply is what it is.

I'm right there with you. My portfolio was down ~10% last week and is now flat for 2021 and is something like 35% off its all time highs from February. It is painful, but I'm confident that in the long run, the stocks will turn around. It could be next year or it could be 2024. I hope it isn't the latter, but I'll wait if I have to.

If I'd joined the Fool late in 2020 and rolled my investments into the recommended stocks, I'd be upset too. I had a similar experience when I started---my portfolio was underwater for the first year I owned stocks. It sucked. I just ignored it and didn't check it every day----it wasn't fun, but I hung on. It completely turned around over the next 5 years and my portfolio was averaging 15%/year prior to 2020 and is now at a CAGR of 30% after an amazing 2020.

My worst investments have been selling stocks early and I've been rewarded for buying "overvalued" companies and holding them. I'm sticking to it though these gyrations that are currently occurring. When I think about selling, I simply remind myself of when I sold Nvidia for $15 or Netflix at $100. Those decisions are much more meaningful than the drop I'm experiencing now---they aren't as painful since they happened long ago, but I'm not going to let my fear win again.

If you are experiencing too much pain, by all means, sell some stocks. I'd encourage you to keep just a little of everything and to watch what happens if you hold them for 3 or more years.

Hope this helps---James
Down some is one thing on recommend, but some here are down over 40% on recommends and that is pathetic stock picking by MF. That being said, if you don't like the thread then don't read or post here, but for sure nobody needs your patronizing attitude.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I totally agree. What TMF have recommended, you will still need to do your homework and to see if there is growth, change of management, TA etc. I always feel that if I bought a stock, i got to like it and be prepared to lose.