Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 11
Like most of the west, Utah is in the midst of a crushing drought. Two weeks ago, Utah's governor declared the situation required “divine intervention,” and called for a weekend of prayers asking God to fix the situation:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2021/06/04/utah-gover...

God has heard the prayers! He responded by creating a massive heat dome over the western US that is breaking temperature records like toothpicks:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2021/06/18/heat-dome-...

Then in His mercy, He sent Utah some thunderstorms. Only it is so hot the rain evaporates before it hits the ground (called virga). The winds and lightning increase the already high risk of wildfires.

https://www.abc4.com/weather/heat-remains-but-the-fire-weath...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Two weeks ago, Utah's governor declared the situation required “divine intervention,” and called for a weekend of prayers asking God to fix the situation… God responded by creating a massive heat dome over the western US that is breaking temperature records like toothpicks.

Clearly God is punishing them Mormons for being right-wing climate deniers. Trump voters.

But they won’t hear that message from God. It doesn’t fit their ideology.

So, rather than pray, they better run.

God said to Abraham, kill me a son,
Abe said, man you must be putting me on.
God say no
Abe say, What?
God say you can do what you want Abe, but
The next time you see me coming, you better ruuun…

https://youtu.be/8hr3Stnk8_k
Yeah, that's like 1poorMIL. According to her theology, only god could have caused all our problems over the past 18 months (cancer, surgeries, etc), yet she prays to him for "protection" for her family.

Seems like a protection racket it, to me. "Yeah, I wouldn't want anything to happen to that daughter of yours..."
No. of Recommendations: 10
Seems like a protection racket it, to me. "Yeah, I wouldn't want anything to happen to that daughter of yours..."

Jesus: I can save you from being thrown into a pit of hellfire.

Atheist: Great. Who is the one throwing people into the pit in the first place?
God has heard the prayers! He responded by creating a massive heat dome over the western US that is breaking temperature records like toothpicks

She's still angry about trump.
No. of Recommendations: 8
Like most of the west, Utah is in the midst of a crushing drought. Two weeks ago, Utah's governor declared the situation required “divine intervention,” and called for a weekend of prayers asking God to fix the situation:

And yet if someone had said “Let’s hire a Native American chief to do a rain dance” they would have been laughed out of the room - although both methods are equally efficacious, which is to say 0%.
No. of Recommendations: 0
It's possible to say some nice things about Mormon culture, but their religion is based on the most obviously fantastical bunch of lies. How do people swallow this stuff?
No. of Recommendations: 0
It's possible to say some nice things about Mormon culture..

Like what?

Hmmm.

"Mormons didn't build the FLA condo that just collapsed"

"Mormons haven't buried thousands of indigenous children outside Mormon schools?"

I suppose that's nice.
No. of Recommendations: 3
An unusually high proportion of Mormons actually believe in and attempt to practice morality and decency. I knew a family near me that mowed and weeded the lawn and got the groceries for an old Jewish widow who happened to live next door to them for nine years. And then when she died and still no family showed up they contacted a rabbi and sat shiva for her…

I’ve also gone to war with vicious racist theocratic Mormons.

I’d take them over most pretend Christians any day.

David fb