Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
nag, what was on the Chicago Steak site is correct. I have, in the past, purchased packer trimmed beef, lamb and pork, which I trimmed, and cut up for BBQ, grilling and/or freezing. When the packing is first opened the meat is usually a dark bluish color, which turns red when exposed to air. If I am going to freeze it, I’ll wrap the meat in “cling wrap” and vacuum seal it in an appropriately sized bag. If I buy cuts of beef from the supermarket when on sale, I’ll usually remove it from its package and then vacuum seal it before freezing it.

If you freeze it in its original supermarket package, it’ll eventually develop “freezer burn”, grey areas when the meat is thawed. It is still eatable but it is unsightly and be dryer/not as tasty. Its probably ok in stews or ground beast however.
;-)

C.J.V.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.