No. of Recommendations: 48
I had the greatest day. I got operated on yesterday for my failing eye and today at 24 hr post-op they give me 100% rating on the great surgery and I can go and conquer the world. With 20/20 vision now mind you!

Other than the usual aches and pains from my crashing and burning, I am in alarmingly excellent health.

But I have friends who smoke:

And I tell them, and they know they shouldn't smoke.

So here I am just all smiley after my doctor visit and I pick up the local newspaper and there is my waitress friend.

She died on Wednesday. I heard they found a "sizable lump" a year ago on her lung.

40 years old. Her baby died a few years ago, a special needs child who only lived to about 13 and passed literally in front of her.

She never recovered. I worked with her for years at Denny's, a job so horrible that anyone should get some sort of holy dispensation from.

She was tall like me, and I was thin then and I still had 35 lbs on her. She had hair down past the small of her back and had a husband who would walk on H20 for her.

You would NEVER see her rest unless she was having a smoke and coffee. Lung ca. I had heard she lost all the beautiful hair.

My guy friend died almost one year to the day. Stroke- hit him in the abdomen. He bled to death at work. Smoked since he was 16.He got to 53.

My dear neighborhood buddy just died 2 weeks ago. Another thin smoker- he got to 49 years.

The man I live with had 2 smoking parents and smoked for many years. Oral ca this year- had another CAT scan today. Maybe another growth??

Look, no one smoked more than me. I am damn tired of these people dropping over in front of me. I am way too fat to be buying these dark suits in this expanded size that I wear now.

Please, please don't smoke. Think of the sad faces at your funeral.

wdg :>
Now I just have been summoned to dinner, and I am tearful. This sucks!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.