Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Naj... appreciate your input. I was under the impression that binomial models were, by nature, symmetric. I don't think the volatility smile is what I've been after. I think sticky delta models might be what I'm looking for bt I've sure not been able to find anything that puts this concept in any format remotely accessable by math challenged amatuer investors.

I've read about sticky deltas but I've never seen anything that seems to "translate" these papers into good general concept information. I've read a couple of papers on using sticky deltas to develop implied volatility smiles. The conclusions being that more "lifelike" smiles are deveoloped than those using constant volatility and delta.

This whole business has actually frustrated me to the point of enrolling in a "distance learning" class from a local University that starts this fall. I'm pretty sure I need to first understand the magnitude of what I don't understand :)

I hope you'll continue to add anything that might help us (me!) understand real world option behavior. I continue to believe options are an area of marked pricing inefficiency where individuals can still play.

ed
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.