Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Name one american sport which has a world cup and is played outside the USA (soccer, netball and basketball excluded).

A LONG POST FOLLOWS, SO READ IT AT YOUR LEISURE, IF YOU WILL.

demiller1:

I find it quite amusing that you ask me to name "one" American sport that has a world cup and is played outside of the USA and then you proceed to exclude the three sports that fit the bill! I can add one: ice hockey. And while I assume you are trying to get me to defend the "great American pasttime" - baseball, I won't rise to the bait. (Although baseball is played in Cuba and Japan, etc., there is no true World Series other than in Little League.) And I take it that you don't think baseball is an international sport. Of course, gridiron is now also played in Europe - but no world championship. Tennis is an international sport but again, no true World Cup - just lots of individual competitions like Davis Cup and lots of country championships, like Wimbledon, the US Open, etc.

So, your "religion" as it were, worships rugby and cricket, does it? And maybe Aussie rules. Good on you but please don't suggest that Americans don't embrace their team - whatever the sport, because we do.

Now, all this is because I posted a comment about the AllBlacks?!?! Sorry to intrude on your stock board but everyone needs some diversion, don't you think?

Christina

N.B. I think that the gold stocks are going nowhere fast -- but that's IMHO.

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.