Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Nate
Your remarks are right on point.

Of course the Germans are not going to flood the Banks with money, that the Banks will then use to buy more Government Bonds supporting status quo programs in Italy and Greece, until the actionable legislative packages have been enacted ... without the slippery slidey wriggle their way out of it loop holes and post-dated implementation schedules. Very hard to picture the Italians accomplishing such reforms, very hard.

And as all the world knows, Germany's aversion to inflation is a part of their post WWII brain-chemistry, a tenet of their civic religion, so I'm doubtful they will underwrite all of Europe, with help from France and the few others of the Northern Core.

In my view Europe's Crisis is vastly worse than our own, which as you say, is still very much with us.

And with regard to China, of course the World cannot help but take note of the change in the Balance of Economic and Political Power.

Thanks again for your remarks. At a time like this the macro picture is much more significant to me than the micro.

Toni
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.