No. of Recommendations: 16
The new FarLeft Religious order has issued its most recent papal cannon:"Natural Gas shall NOT upon thine house ascend"

The mental giants that make up the Berkeley City Council have spoken....no new natural gas lines to new construction....residential AND Commercial.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/daniel-turner-berkeley-natur...

Now, in the pantheon of dumb ideas, this has to be one of the dumbest.

Sooooooo....no gas....meaning heating and cooking are going to be all electric. Ok. So where is the new electricity going to be sourced? PG&E is quick to point out that only 20% of 'routine' electric demand comes from fossil fuels. But this is definitely slanted. Peak demand almost all comes from power contracts with generators in Utah and Arizona, almost all of which is produced from Natural Gas and Coal.

And electric rates...which direction are they going in the Golden State? Don't think too hard about that one. Rates in Berkely are currently around $.16/KWH. Where will this rate go as inexpensive and clean Nat Gas is replaced by windmills and solar panels?

From what I've read so far, this only prohibits Natural Gas Lines plumbed into new homes. I don't see anything in the new religious edict about Propane. Those who enjoy cooking do so on gas and this isn't going to change because the Berkeley holy see declares it so. So you can bet new homes are going to be plumbed with propane lines to outside 120 gallon propane tanks. And even if the Berkeley holiest of holy add propane to the blacklist, you can bet propane cooktops are going to be retrofitted to the true gourmet kitchen with 10 gallon propane tanks tucked under the counter.

What a bunch of bozos.

BruceM
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
<What a bunch of bozos.>

Way back in the day, I remember listening to a comedy group with a series of records. This one was called "I think we're all Bozo's on this bus". Very appropriate.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/AudioPlay/IThinkWereA...

The name of this album definitely fits most of those who govern in California and those who believe they are doing a good job. It is sheer lunacy. Of course the comedy troup was aiming for chaos in their presentation to provide some laughs. Those in charge in the golden state actually aim to do harm to regular people with their off the wall rules and regulations. I don't see a handy cure for all of this.

BG
No. of Recommendations: 4
"<What a bunch of bozos.>

Way back in the day, I remember listening to a comedy group with a series of records. This one was called "I think we're all Bozo's on this bus". Very appropriate.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/AudioPlay/IThinkWereA......

The name of this album definitely fits most of those who govern in California and those who believe they are doing a good job. It is sheer lunacy. Of course the comedy troup was aiming for chaos in their presentation to provide some laughs. Those in charge in the golden state actually aim to do harm to regular people with their off the wall rules and regulations. I don't see a handy cure for all of this.

BG "

Firesign Theater

https://www.last.fm/music/The+Firesign+Theatre

The album "We're All Bozos on This Bus" was concerning a "Future Fair"
Fall down funny.

Howie52
No. of Recommendations: 1
I wonder if this is intended to force people to solar. I hear electric induction ranges are very good.
No. of Recommendations: 0
I wonder if this is intended to force people to solar. I hear electric induction ranges are very good.

Good question. I had solar installed on my house in San Diego County and it was a very smart purchase. I am trying to decide if I want to do that on my home in Missouri now. BTW, I had an induction range put into my SoCal home and I loved it so much! It was flat out the best range I ever had. I miss not having one here in my Missouri home and could afford to buy it if I wanted to but the Whirlpool glass top electric range is in good shape ...... it is just so darn slow to heat up. I don't like the fact that the burner goes on and off (that is programmed in) as that makes it all the slower.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Good question. I had solar installed on my house in San Diego County and it was a very smart purchase. I am trying to decide if I want to do that on my home in Missouri now. BTW, I had an induction range put into my SoCal home and I loved it so much! It was flat out the best range I ever had. I miss not having one here in my Missouri home and could afford to buy it if I wanted to but the Whirlpool glass top electric range is in good shape ...... it is just so darn slow to heat up. I don't like the fact that the burner goes on and off (that is programmed in) as that makes it all the slower.

Here in Georgia, I so rarely use the stove, it's almost comical. My grill on the other hand.....

Kathleen
Once grilled in a hurricane
<<Kathleen
Once grilled in a hurricane>>

That's funny!

Tell me more, I need the entertainment!

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 2
A girl gotta eat, even in a hurricane!
<<A girl gotta eat, even in a hurricane!>>

Heh, heh! I've grilled with snow falling, but I think I'd draw the line with a hurricane.

Seattle Pioneer
"<<A girl gotta eat, even in a hurricane!>>

Heh, heh! I've grilled with snow falling, but I think I'd draw the line with a hurricane.

Seattle Pioneer "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There was a story about folks grilling in a hurricane.
I think it was titled "The Wind in the Grillers"

Howie52
Sometimes I do get things a tad confused.
Tell me more, I need the entertainment!

Eh, it was only a Cat 2. Here in the south, we consider that a heavy rainstorm.

Kathleen
Cat 3 is where I draw the line