Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
NBG asks:

<<My employer set up a SIMPLE IRA for our company with a full priced broker who (like in huntinpocketlint's case in 20094) doesn't offer no-load mutual funds. Since it's possible, in general, for an employer to allow each employee to select his own plan custodian via the IRS form 5304, can my boss (if he's willing) allow me to do this even if the plan has already been established for everyone with Mr. Deep Pocket Broker using form 5305? If so, is there anything special that needs to be done short of completing the documents required by my broker of choice?>>

Yes, your employer can but doesn't have to. You may establish a SIMPLE-IRA with a custodian who agrees to do so for you. You may also request the present custodian move those monies to that new custodian. And your employer may make future deposits to the new custodian, but again doesn't have to do so. If that's the case, then each time a deposit goes to the employer's designated financial institution you will have to ask for the money to be moved to the account you wish.

Regards..Pixy
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.