Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
In the last week of 2001, my wife had a working interview with a potential employer, for which she was paid $120. We have not received a W-2 for this payment and for some reason I suspect we won't. Also, it would be kind of awkward for her to call and ask if he's sending the form. My question is, can I just add this in with my reportable income and include the pay stub as proof?

One other question: I received a 1099 for state retirement plan contributions that I rolled into a rollover IRA when changing jobs. The taxable income is $0. Do I need to send this in with my tax forms?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.