Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am looking for suggestions for a stock to add to my Roth 401(k) holdings. I currently have Brk-b and Costco.
I am 54 and 10-11 years from retirement, so I am not risk-averse, but need to take advantage of the tax-free growth.
Any suggestions, Fools?
Print the post Back To Top
Disney just upped their dividend by 34%. Growth and income. And looking over their movie slate, ESPN's dominance, and expansion into mainland China over the next decade, owning shares of The Mouse could be a sweet ride.

Fuskie
Who disclaims that he is about to double down on his position...
Fuskie,

Thanks for the input. I have some Disney in the non-Roth portion of the 401, but with the dividends being what they are, it looks like it makes good sense on the Roth side, too.
Just sprinkle a little pixie dust on your portfolio and dream big.

Fuskie
Who thinks he could retire on just the Frozen™ consumer product sales this month alone...
"Fuskie,

Thanks for the input. I have some Disney in the non-Roth portion of the 401, but with the dividends being what they are, it looks like it makes good sense on the Roth side, too. "

...and there in lies the folly (foolery?) in asking for a stock pick without context.

The answer to your question is: It depends on 1) what your goals are; 2) what else you have (both dollars, investments, and even a "pension"); 3) what you think the economy (macro and micro) will do over your time horizon; and 4) "whatever" else might be important.

Don't mean to sound like I'm being hard on you, but I think those that proffer advice (and I respect Fuskie - he/she has always been thoughful and thought provoking around here) not with context are simply guessing....
Just to emphasize the point, just ran across this on cnn.com:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/04/showbiz/movies/frozen-fever-mo...

Fuskie
Who expects could do well on its own merit, especially after the successful Maleficent this past spring, but wonders how many kids will drag their parents to the theater primarily to see the Frozen short...
If you are looking for growth stocks, CAPs has a stock screener that can be set to find a list for further study.

I would count Apple as one of the basic ones. But the list can be long.

Also check out some of the CAPs portfolios of some of the better players for ideas on what they are buying.

Plus most brokers now have research reports and sometimes stock screens to help you find the winners.
mj,

Your point is well-taken. Thanks for the input!
paulekler,
Thanks for pointing out the CAPS screener. I will certainly give it a look.
chick or beef stock