Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
OK, guys and gals. I have a situation.

1. I am 68 years of age, collecting SS, and have my own business which is a minimal income producer. (Self-employed real estate legal assistant, working from 5 - 10 hours per week). My corporation is continuing to contribute to the SEP-IRA and will do so as long as I have the corporation and a paycheck from same.

2. I have a ROTH, as well as a brokerage account. Whoa, now, I am not wealthy in any sense of the word.

3. With the Earned Income, it is my understanding that I may continue to contribute to the ROTH. As to the contributions, can I contribute my full amount of paychecks (gross) or the net received. How much can I personally contribute to the ROTH on a yearly basis. The reason I am wondering, is that I will receive a lump sum of money this summer, and would like to replace some money I extracted from the ROTH to rehab a house I have in FL.

For the rest of this, I am going to another message.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.