Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello all!

I've already filed for an extension on my taxes. So here is my problem. I had too little tax witheld and now I owe a bunch of money. I am trying to find more deductions in order to lessen the amount I owe.

Last year dh and I made 32k, I've already got in the Student loan interest deduction, and the retirement savings contributions credit. Talking with some co-workers they mentioned a Rental credit. We currently rent an apartment. Can anyone tell me about any deductions I might not know about or can anyone tell me about this mysterious Rental credit?

I would appreciate any and all help you could give me.
Oh and yes, I've already changed my W-2's and dh is changing his tomorrow so this will not happen again next year.

Thanks so much,
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.