No. of Recommendations: 1
My problem is... even when I don't have time to read books, I keep buying them, finding them, borrowing them, getting them as gifts. So
now that we're planning a trip to the beach, here's a partial list of stuff in the pile.

It ranges from serious stuff to literary fiction to plain ol' trash.

I need to figure out how much to pack, because they sure take up room in a suitcase, and many are hardcovers. But when I have nothing on my agenda I can inhale a good size book or two smaller ones in a day if I work at it.

Feel free to chime in if you have read these or have any suggestions.

Here's the fiction in no particular order:

Everything Is Illuminted - Jonathan Safran Foer
Atonement - Ian McEwan
Bee Season - Myla Goldberg
Eva Moves the Furniture - Margo Livesey
The Waste Lands, The Dark Tower Book III - Stephen King
The Anubis Gates - Tim Powers
Thinks... - David Lodge
Lloyd: What Happened - Stanley Bing
Blues Lessons - Robert Hellenga
Gigantic - Marc Nesbitt (short stories)
Wilson - David Mamet
American Pastoral, Goodbye Columbus, Sabbath's Theater, The Ghost Writer and Operation Shylock -- all by Philip Roth
City of God - E.L. Doctorow
American Gods - Neil Gaiman

OK, that's too much, since there's about six nonfiction titles I'm also working through. I find it a lot easier to pick that stuff up and let it drop, then get back to it. But if I don't keep moving through a novel, then odds are I'm going to have a touch time picking it up again if I take a hiatus.

I'm guessing I can get through about half these titles in 10 days.

So, which ones?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.