No. of Recommendations: 0
netanalyst writes:

Help me please. What is this partnership?

Please go tho the FAQ and I think most of your answers will be there. Here are some excerpts:

1. What does "Kua`aina" mean?

And finally, the reason for naming the club Kua`aina Partners, it means someone from humble beginnings. I think its an appropriate name that describes all of us here on-line as well, whether you want to think of us as "Kua`aina" investors or as being from humble beginnings.

6. What are your model portfolios?

The Kua`aina Partners message board discusses alternative ways to apply The Motley Fool's philosophies. The board is in the process of creating three model ports: the Kua`aina-Alterna-Rule-Breaker (KARB Port),and the Kua`aina-Alterna-Rule-Maker (KARM Port), and the Kua`aina-Alterna-BOring (KABO Port). As model portfolios,we do not intend any of these portfolios to be followed exactly with real money allocations; rather, their goals are TMF's goals to educate, to amuse, and to enrich.

15. Are the archives of this message board worth reading?

In a word, absolutely. Since we're all still learning, but reading the old posts on this board, you can learn from the analyses and commentaries we've already posted.

And I just stumbled across this post I wrote 14 months ago, and so much of it is still true today.

http://boards.fool.com/message.asp?id=1330599000179001

which you can see by looking here.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1330599002066000&sort=postdate

Hope this helps
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.