Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello Fools...

I am seeking some expert advice selfishly catered to my specific financial situation.

As of now, I currently hold a 'Value' account with Wells Fargo. Holy $@#% the fees are choking me to death. $7-$10 per month! I could use that $84-$120/yr for investments elsewhere, 400 McDonalds hamburgers, or a pet monkey.

I also hold an account with Vanguard for their 500 Index Fund and a Tax-Exmpt MM Fund for various rare brokerage transactions.

I have a very small income and my avg. balance is usually below $2000 in my W.Fargo accounts, however I have zero debt (aside from a low 3.64% interest student loan).

I've considered shifting my banking to NetBank, but I have read little about deposit options. Are there any other ways to deposit money aside from snail mail and direct-deposit without incurring fees? And what if I choose to write checks instead of Bill-Pay? Is it a nuisance?

Finally, if I'm DRiP'ing through a ShareBuilder account, does anyone have any experience with transfering money from NetBank to ShareBuilder?

Basically I'm trying to see if a B&M is for me, or if I can manage with NetBank or one of its evil step-cousins and avoid these darned fees.

Thanks!
--mwp

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.