No. of Recommendations: 0
I have an account with NetBank, and I have been to their website link to try to find ATMs in my area that are free, but when I stick my card in those machines, they warn me about a fee, and I cancel the transaction.

Am I missing something in the definition of free?
Print the post Back To Top
NetBank's website will only tell you about ATMs that will accept deposits for your netbank account; it does not tell you about no-fee ATMs. There is no central list of free ATMs (the ATM industry wants to keep consumers in the dark so they'll be more likely to use a pay ATM).

What I do is to go to the post office and buy a book of stamps, pay with my ATM card and get $50 cash back. The PO doesn't charge a fee, neither does NetBank, and I can use the stamps.

Also works at grocery stores and some drug stores and convenience stores, but going into there without a plan usually results in buying something useless.
Check out Credit Union ATMs. Some don't charge the fee (but some do).

silverwing
If you are in an area of the country that has Publix supermarkets, they generally have a "no-fee" ATM located at the store. I have used them for years with my netbank ATM Card.
illekfool,

Yeah, I believe those non-surcharging ATM's at Publix are branded "Presto!", are they not?

If you're ever up north, PNC Bank (a huge super-regional) has agreements with WaWa and Quik Check convenience stores to operate non-surcharging ATM's in their stores, which are practically on every street corner

More often than not, these ATM's are so plentiful that surcharge refunds from the online bank is not a big issue with me!

SJJ
Also in Minnesota, I use a Wells Fargo ATM at the Lunds Market in Edina with my Netbank Visa Checking card and have had no fees.