Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
I've been a huge fan of Netbank until just now. I got a letter in the mail saying they rejected my $5K deposit becuase it was a credit card check(which it was). Why would they care? Seems a little snooty to me.

The other VERY disturbing part is that on the same day, I got another letter with the same 'notice of declined deposit' but with someone else's check and deposit slip. Seriously. Some family in Illinois now has their check and deposit slip in my house. I realize that this is an honest mistake, but their home address, phone number, and account number are on that deposit slip. I'm calling them tomorrow to let them know what the bank did so they can take whatever action they feel appropriate(I doubt they would want to do anything too drastic, but a stranger from Texas has now seen their account number).

I'm closing my Netbank accounts. FirstIB has no problem with my credit card check and ING pays the same rate and will link directly to my checking account.

Anyone else ever have this problem? It sounds unique to me, but you never know.

BTW, while this is not a topic specifically for this board, that credit card check is treated as a balance transfer with a rate of 0.0% until June of next year. Seems foolish to pass up a free loan.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.