Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Cross Posted
============
I have a bunch of issues with Netflix but the biggest are:

1. I start watching a movie and it's something I'm not interested in. How do I get out of the movie and go back to the list of available movies? The only way that halfway works is to power off the TV and start over again. Only problem is this brings me right back to the same movie.

2. Another problem I have is that invariably we will watch a movie and about 5 minutes before it ends my wife will say we've watched that movie. I swear on a stack of bibles I haven't seen it but she says we have. I guess I must have slept through it. Is there a way to remove movies that you've watched before? Seems this issue may have come up before and if I'm not mistaken it takes a rocket scientist or your grandson to figure it out.

Any help will be appreciated.

I plan to cross post this message.

Regards,

ImAGolfer
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
1. I start watching a movie and it's something I'm not interested in. How do I get out of the movie and go back to the list of available movies? The only way that halfway works is to power off the TV and start over again. Only problem is this brings me right back to the same movie.

You have to toggle the main breaker to your house.
You have to toggle the main breaker to your house.

Terrific idea. I hadn't thought of that one. You get a well deserved REC for that.

Thanks,

ImAGolfer
No. of Recommendations: 3
How do I get out of the movie and go back to the list of available movies? The only way that halfway works is to power off the TV and start over again.

Not sure how much of that is facetious and how much actual frustration. On my Roku box, just hit the back arrow and you pop back to movie lists. Very rarely do we sit all the way through a movie anymore on Netflix.

The issue of Netflix to me, and we've been a subscriber since they first started mailing out DVDs, is the quality of movie selection has dropped to the level of some of the 'free' movie streaming services, such as Tubi, Roku Channel and Crackle, with about the only difference is Netflix does not have commercials. So in effect, our subscription we pay is just not to have ads. The best streaming service is Hoopla, available through your local library, it has good movie selection and is ad free.

This along with the most recent 'cuties' and Netflix preference for liberal movie titles, I think we'll be dropping it this month.

BruceM
No. of Recommendations: 1
On my Roku box, just hit the back arrow and you pop back to movie lists.

Funny you should mention Roku. On our old TV we had a little Roku deal plugged into an HDMI cable on the TV and I don't recall having any of these problems.

We got a new smart TV (Samsung) and life has never been the same. I am not allowed to use the remote that came with the Samsung. For some reason when I use that remote the smart S.O.B. decides it's really too smart for us and goes off into Never-Never Land. So I'm stuck with the remote from Comcast/Xfinity. It ain't much better but at least I don't wind up in Never-Never land.

I guess two morals can be concluded: 1. don't get old and 2. go to Best Buy and buy another Roku dealy for a couple of bucks.

Regards,

ImAGolfer
...the quality of movie selection has dropped...

Agree, but I've seen that on my other streaming services too (Amazon, Hulu). Unless you want to rent which is extra $$ for the them.

There are original content from these sources (Cuties aside) that will probably keep me subscribing: Stranger Things, Dark, Space Force, among others. Plus, get a lot of documentaries I wouldn't see otherwise.

JLC
Ozark & yes, even Heatland are good.So is The Order
Plus, get a lot of documentaries I wouldn't see otherwise.

If documentaries is what you like, consider subscribing to Curiosity stream. At $20/ year, it's a good deal with no ads. Just watched "Obits" a documentary on obituaries run in the NYT. Very interesting.

BruceM
No. of Recommendations: 1
BruceM,

I recently downloaded Hoopla as I saw Fools talking about it on the message boards. I've used it a few times already for movies, and it's been great!

For an investing movie, check out "Abacus: Small Enough to Jail." It's a documentary about how basically the only bank charged with crimes in the financial crisis was this small bank that serves Chinese immigrants. They were charged despite the fact that they were still making money for their investors and had better loans than the banks that were never charged with anything.

TMFEdyboom223
No. of Recommendations: 4
This along with the most recent 'cuties' and Netflix preference for liberal movie titles, I think we'll be dropping it this month.

I dropped it when the bought the Obamas. Whether for or against Obama doesn't matter, but my first thought was, "What value does he bring to the company?" The answer was none, so I dumped them and the stock.

Kathleen
Besides, I had already made plenty off Netflix.