No. of Recommendations: 0
A little more than 2 years ago, my husband's income was about $42,000 for our family of 5 and expecting one more. After the birth of our 4th child, things went way downhill. For the past 2 years, when tax time rolled around, my husbands income has only been $35-36,000. As a family of 6, it's very hard to survive without credit cards. Unfortunately, it's a never ending circle as the credit card debt gets higher and we have no way to keep up. We live in a small town and finding a job to suit, not only his schedule, but me being able to take care of 2 school-age children and 2 smaller ones, is nearly impossible. It has gotten to the point where 2 credit cards in my name are in debt management programs within the companies. We have tried very hard to keep the things in his name clear since we need some credit to get loans. We can't make the minimum payments any longer and can't get any loans to pay them off at this point. I have looked into debt management programs such as CCCS, but they want us to pay more than what we have now and that is just not possible. What can we do to end this never ending circle of debt?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.