Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
New ATH while the market is down thanks to my recent friends LVGO and FSLY. Plan to ride them out. Numbers for LVGO look great thus the 20% jump. On a personal note, I have fed BCBS which seems to promote them. I like that it seems to be a health care favorite since prevention/management is cheaper than waiting for more costly treatments down the road and patients seem to like it because people love their phones. It makes chronic disease management almost as easy as logging in to play candy crush. Diabetes, hypertension, weight management, behavioral health are precursors to all sorts of other diseases so a lot of financial benefits for the health care companies to avoid costs down the road. BCBS already pays members $170 ($340 with spouse) in copay money each year just to fill out a health assessment and do a few online health coach check-ins. Seems health care has figured out the cost benefit in prevention and LVGO seems well positioned. I may add KO to play the problem and the cure. I am actually thinking of KO as another alternative to cash in addition to WFC. Sold ESTC and SMAR and added to WFC today (and NET & CRWD). Probably going to be transitioning more to cash alternatives while staying fully invested.

Thinking back to January when China completely shut down all manufacturing. Not sure what red flag of imminent doom I was looking for but somehow missed that one. Luckily I had ZM and fools luck playing some drops and pops which I could never replicate. I was actually hoping for a larger drop without a V recovery just so PEs would get back in line and I would be comfortable 100% invested for another 8+ year run. Instead we find ourselves with even higher prices and lower earnings looking like a fed blown bubble. The Shiller PE ratio and Buffett Indicator flash run. Trump likely won't survive with the market struggling so hopefully it can be propped up through the elections. Biden seems to be the poll favorite so I may have to try and get ahead of the curve for once. ZM is to the pandemic as XX is to a Biden presidency (open to any suggestion). Looks like infrastructure and health care stocks may be the way to go. Infrastructure may be safe either way. Maybe some volatility plays as we get closer as a fail safe or something even more creative. Prefer to be more conservative than take a hit to the remarkable gains most of had made this year. Probably going to upgrade the crystal ball to solar, these crank ones fail without warning.

I may be writing this from my parents basement while wearing nothing but sad clown makeup, so please take that into consideration before listening to any of my drivel.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.