No. of Recommendations: 6
My Discover won't expire until August, but I just received a new Discover Green card in the mail to replace it, and it has a nice promotion attached to it. I think it might be because I have not used my Discover in a while, but once the card was activated, I will earn an additional $100 cash rewards bonus if I spend $1000 on the card between now and May 31. For me, that just means I will use this card instead of my AMEX for the next month or two so that I can get the extra bonus.

Just wanted to let folks know in case you receive one of these in the mail. That's a very nice rebate.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I confess that I often pitch the "offers" without even reading them.

peace & thanks for the info
t
No. of Recommendations: 2
I confess that I often pitch the "offers" without even reading them.

That's one reason that I wanted to post, but the other is that they actually sent a new credit card, so it was not just an offer in the envelope, and it wasn't one of those fake cards that are frequently included. This was my new credit card, so watch your mail if you have a Discover card.
Thanks for posting - I'll keep an eye out. Are there any difference in benefits for the Green card vs your old card ?
Are there any difference in benefits for the Green card vs your old card ?

Not that I can see, and the only thing mentioned by the rep was that there was some sort of extra security in the new magnetic stripe. Other than that, it's the same Discover card.

I don't know if they are sending these to everyone, or just to those of us who don't tend to use this card. I will keep an eye out to see if DH gets one as well, but he uses his a bit more than I do.
Couldn't pay me enough to have Discover card. Girl rep called me on the phone and called me the "c" word and made me cry.
No. of Recommendations: 1
and made me cry.

You do have interesting relationship with money.

Discover has annoyed me when they suspended my card because of "suspicious" activity, and didn't notify me. All conversations with customer service have been professional.

I remain annoyed that they rejected order that was placed by mail. By the time I found out, I could not replace the order.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Couldn't pay me enough to have Discover card.

Then I doubt that you will receive this offer. Is there some point to your posting about it?
No. of Recommendations: 4
You could ask that same question about most of his posts.
Girl rep called me on the phone and called me the "c" word and made me cry.

I proudly wear the cheapa$$ label.

PSU
401kinvestor wrote, Girl rep called me on the phone and called me the "c" word and made me cry.

This soooo made me think of Discover Card's latest ads ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dZRfCZf2Cc&list=PLgi5bkp... ) and their latest campaign slogan... :-)

- Joel
No. of Recommendations: 1
Nothing they could ever do that could possibly make me want to deal with them again. Just pure scum.