No. of Recommendations: 1
I've got an appointment with a new family practice doc. I don't have much to see her for at the moment but I wanted to get established before I start Medicare, to avoid the possibility that she will refuse me as a new Medicare patient if she's not a big fan of Medicare.

While googling her address, I happened across a paper she wrote a few years back, about the declining number of doctors who deliver babies in OR. Here's an excerpt from the paper:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2739027/

Principal Findings

Only 36.6% of responding clinicians qualified to deliver babies were actually providing maternity care in Oregon in 2006, significantly lower than the proportion (47.8%) found in 2002. Cost of malpractice premiums remains the most frequently cited reason for stopping maternity care.

It's the John Edwards effect.

--fleg
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
While googling her address, I happened across a paper she wrote a few years back, about the declining number of doctors who deliver babies in OR. Here's an excerpt from the paper:

Be careful about what Google (or any other search site says). About a year or so ago I searched myself on an MD review site. Just curious. Come to find out, I had published about 3 papers dealing with obstetrics, not anesthesia for obstetrics. Double checked, right name, right work address, right medical school, residency, etc. What was even sadder, this misinformation was on several review sites.

I only ever submitted one paper for publication. About using general anesthesia for statis asthmaticus in the PICU. I handed it in to my attending (who thought I should write it since we did exactly that a couple times during my PICU rotation in a last ditch effort to save some kds) a month or so before graduating. Don't think it ever made it to print.

Definitely ask if that was her.

JLC
Be careful about what Google (or any other search site says).

Google led me to the actual study, to which I linked, at the NCBI website. For our viewers who might not be aware of it, the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) is part of the United States National Library of Medicine (NLM), a branch of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).

--fleg
"It's the John Edwards effect." --fleg

John Edward the psychic Medium?

Anderson Cooper's Psychic Reading with John Edward (Entire Video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypPvjhxyJuE

Artie
It's the John Edwards effect.

If people only knew the real damage done by this guy. He made millions suing doctors on junk science that has since been completely debunked, yet he keeps his millions. I wanted him to go to jail when he was on trial, just because he's done his share of evil.

Yet the dems believe the doctors are at fault for medical expenses.
Be careful about what Google (or any other search site says).

Google led me to the actual study, to which I linked, at the NCBI website.

It is probably correct, but still GIGO (Garbage In, Garbage Out).

JLC
It is probably correct, but still GIGO (Garbage In, Garbage Out).

JLC

I don't know what you've got against my new doc.<g> I saw her yesterday and asked about the study. She said the situation is worse now than when it was published -- there is even less access to delivery docs in rural areas than there was then, due in large measure to malpractice insurance costs.

--fleg
Be careful about what Google (or any other search site says). About a year or so ago I searched myself on an MD review site. Just curious. Come to find out, I had published about 3 papers dealing with obstetrics, not anesthesia for obstetrics. Double checked, right name, right work address, right medical school, residency, etc. What was even sadder, this misinformation was on several review sites.

According to Google, I committed a crime in Shamokin, PA. Ack!!
I did come away with the feeling that if Romney is elected, we're going to end up only marginally less bad off than under Obama.
----------------

What kind of crime, andrew. Don't keep us in suspense. <g>

arrete