Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
In 2000, when my lawyer wrote my Revocable Living Trust, he told me that it should have the same TIN as my Social Security number as long as I am alive. I have been doing that ever since. Every year at tax time, I send a 1041 form of the trust attached to the joint 1040 that my husband and I file jointly.

The IRS has just sent me a new EIN for the Revocable Trust. This is obviously different from my Social Security number.

Which number should I file under?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.