Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I was got my new eye yesterday. Wed. I was in the ocularist office for 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon. I went back yesterday for the final fitting. It looks GREAT to me! I may have to have the top built up a little more, but for now, it is just fine. It was amazing watching the ocularist color the artificial eye right in front of me. This guy is a true artist.

Mt PT getting ready for the prostate surgery is going well. They hook electrodes up and measure my muscle control after practicing my kegel exercises every two weeks. I have improved the muscle control in a short period of time. My PT person told me that few men do this prior to surgery. She usually only sees men after the surgery if they have problems with bladder control. I hope this makes a difference for me.

I will have the prostate surgery 8/15. Hoping for a 2-3 day stay in the hospital. Isn't it amazing how many people will share horror stories about someone they know who had complications from a similar surgery? I had someone tell me she knew someone who was in the hospital for 9 days with this surgery with "terrible complications". "Great to know. Thanks for sharing." I will have this surgery via the surgeon controlled robot.

My CT and bone scans were clear. So, that was good news!

Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Good news on the eye and the good tests.

My DBIL had prostrate surgery a number of years ago. He made a full recovery, is in good health, and at the moment he and my sister are making a tour of Northern Germany and the Netherlands on a motorcycle. They do this every year.

I hope that you make a full recovery just as he did.

Nancy
however, I think they severed his taste buds. Anyone who eats canned spinach from a can, and pronounces it delicious. . .
Glad to hear your good news on the eye
Very glad you like it and are done with the pain.

Best wishes for your surgery.

A/L
Great news on the eye!

Wishing you successful prostate surgery and a speedy recovery.

PM