Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Well, last night while I was doing some heavy online activity....I noticed that it was after 9pm Eastern. So, I surfed on over to http://www.firstib.com to see online access was back.

I noticed this generated a redirect to https://www.firstib.com, and right on the home page is the login for online access. Kind of nice...though I had bookmarked the login page from the old system (the old bookmark still worked...by redirecting...but don't know how long it'll last....)

The UI and navigation is quite different...I'm not sure if I like it yet....I find it kind of confusing compared to the old UI. The names of functions I use regularly are now obscured by less obvious names. Like download my account information to MSMoney, is now "Account Export". On top of that there are many more options for export....but no immediate explanation of what they are.

Next problem I had was the account for my savings is exported differently now....instead of 0 filing to 3 digits...it uses a dash. So instead of xxxxxx001, it is xxxxxx-1. While my checking account is exported as xxxxxx205. I assume people knew that FIBI generates account numbers where the first 6 digits is the user, and the last 3 digits are the account type.

Worse....MSMoney sees all my old transactions as new, and creates new entries for them (I hope it is just because FIBI has changed how the items are exported...so MSMoney doesn't associate the 'payee' with what it recorded as previously downloaded).

However, the new "payee" name in the export is much more descriptive than it was before...so this should be good. I guess for the remainder of the month, I'll just have to export from July 26th onward. I forgot to look to see if there was an option to have the export range default to since the last export. The only user option I changed was to make the initial page my account summary. This along with session timeout were two configuration options I had noticed.

Actually, session timeout is more noticeable....after 10 minutes, a pop-up window appeared...informing me that my session had timed out and I had to log back in. Though the first time it happened, the popup contained a 404 or something like that page (I didn't read the detail)....but I could tell from the URL had words to the effect of SessionTimeout. Also the first time I clicked on my account name (to get recent account history), it came back with a system error. But, when I came back later...about 45 minutes...it was working. Probably just started playing around too soon.

The main thing I wanted to check of course, was my bill payment set up. I had 3 bills scheduled with dates after the change over and I wanted to verify that the payee information was still correct.

Well, the scheduled bills were there and they appeared to be okay. The payee information was quite different from what I had recorded, and there was no way to tell if they had been changed because CheckFree had decided like Discover payments go to Washington instead of Delaware like it was in the past. Or the names were just distorted from the conversion. Most of the customer service numbers listed for the payees didn't match my statements....couldn't tell if they were intentional or not either. Some were like...1-800-227-xxxx and my statement says the CS number is 1-800-277-xxxx. Most of the addresses were missing the +4 on the zip code, etc. But, you change one field on the address, and you have confirm it by retyping the account number...and it has to be exactly what they have it recorded (with the same number of spaces, dashes or none).

Finally, the 'sign up' option for e-bill on existing payees only shows up after you ended the payee. So, I ended up going through and editting all the payees...to see which ones would present me the option to sign up for e-bills. I didn't request it for any of them because I didn't have a need for them....but the one bill that I would've liked to have signed up for e-bills...didn't have the option.

My annoying water/sewage bill. By the time it shows up in my mailbox, I have less than a week to the due date...the statement says paying the day after the due date, adds $10 (the bill averages $18-19 a month). And, it is one of those bills where the billpay isn't ACH....so processing time going from 5 days to 4 days might be a good thing.

Getting it as an e-bill would relieve me of the stress of trying to get that bill paid on time. All my other bills give me sufficient time to pay....though I always enter them into FIBI's bill pay the day I get the bill.

So it was kind of rough, since I got two bills yesterday...and I couldn't enter them right away like I normally do. But, they are entered now.

One thing is the billpay is on a different site than FIBI...and if you spend more than 10 minutes in billpay...you will find that your session to the rest of FIBI's online access has timed out.

It is also kind of strange...that you click on bill payment at the top, and it only shows a single link in the bottom of "view and pay bills"...which then takes you to the bill pay service....which has a different look and feel, etc.

The final thing I noticed is that it shows my address on the account summary....and it had it wrong. Though it was right before, because I after I had moved and updated them...I ordered new checks, which came with the correct address printed on them. Though it wasn't a critical error...it isn't like I get much in the mail from them...though I was sure they had it right when they mailed my deposit envelopes...or perhaps the post office was able to ignore the error.

The had my correct street address, but my old zip code.

I'm still in the same city/state as before....

The Dreamer.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.