Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Bonjour- Bonjour- Bonjour

Just wanted to drop a line to all of those LA Fools out there. I'm a newwwwwww fool in Lafayette. Just starting out and ready to learn.

Any support, good advice, or BOUDREAUX jokes would be welcomed with some southern hospitality.

Au Revoir
tische

Print the post Back To Top
You said, "Any support, good advice, or BOUDREAUX jokes would be welcomed with some southern hospitality."

I never have told a "Boudreaux joke" but have told many a joke starring Thibodeaux and Fontenot. Here, just for you my Cajun Friend is another:

Thibodeaux, he have got hisself another new job. He have become a lawyer and work on the District Attorney office. His first big case is a shooting dat involve a lot of Cajuns and it did happen at de Yellow Dog Saloon in Hackberry, LA. Dat is where a lot of rice farmers and shrimpers come in each night to pass a pretty good time.

Anyway, Thibodeaux, he have everybody in court over de big shooting and first he call his cousin Fontenot to de witnessing stand and swear at him to tell de truth. Den he say on Fontenot, real important like,

"Fontenot, where you was when the big fight and de shooting started?"

Fontenot, he say, "Ooohyeahh, I was sitting down on de last stool, sucking on my Jax and just mindin' my own business."

Thibodeaux, he den say, "Well, where you was when de second shot was fired?"

Fontenot he den say, "Ooohh, I ain't so sure dat I know dere was a second shot."

Thibodeaux he get pretty mad and say, "Well, it have been proved in dis courtroom of law dat dere was over twenty-three or twenty-two shots dat was fired. And you are tellin' us dat you don't even know if dere was TWO shots shooted? How about if you explain youself to dis jury and to de court, if you please?? HUNNHHH!!"

Fontenot, he sort of smile and say:

"OOOHH, dat is easy! By dat time I was so far away dat I could not hear it!!"

BTW, just a thought, I have been lurking around while the conversation about an ivestment club, mostly north LA, has been going on. Why limit the bounds? How about getting together on the net? Even using a forum like this would enable input. Real time get togethers are not always the best. Some times when you read a comment or suggestion, it takes time to digest, stir around and come up with well thought out answers. Even thought I am a displaced transplanted honorary Cajun now living in Florida I would be interested. Of course, if we can get together for boudin, beer, and good times, OOHHHHYEAHHH!!!!
<I have been lurking around while the conversation about an ivestment club, mostly north LA, has been going on. Why limit the bounds? How about getting together on the net? Even using a forum like this would enable input. Real time get togethers are not always the best. Some times when you read a comment or suggestion, it takes time to digest, stir around and come up with well thought out answers.>

Great idea, Colonel. Why just limit ourselves to North Louisiana. I have no idea how to go about organizing an internet-based investment club, but I would be willing to "meet" say once or twice a month by email.

BTW, I know a few Boudreaux and Thibodeaux jokes too. However, most are too risque' to post on such a public forum. ;)

Six
You said, "However, most are too risque' to post on such a public forum. ;)"

Come on over to my board "The Bawdy Poet" and take a look there, also Humor and Urban Legends as well as Foolish Girls Funhouse.

I don't know either about setting up a netbased club but it sounded like a good idea. We could either work through a willing broker or use somebody's net account. I can ask my broker (Mr. John Guilbeaux from Lak Charley) about it. He knows more than I do about these things. Or at least I hope he do.

What goes "VROOOM -- EEK ---VROOOM -- EEK ---VROOOM -- EEK ---VROOOM -- EEK ---!!"?

Dat's Thibodeaux tryin' to get his car tru' de intersection wit a blinkin' red light!