Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm wondering if any of you good GM posters might know who is going to be supplying the electric motor parts to the new hybrid vehicles to be offered down the road (Chevy Equinox, Silverado, Malibu, Saturn Vue, etc.). The old Precept had UQM motors providing the electricity, but no articles I find indicate other than ParadiGM Hybrid-Electric System as providing the "revolutionary" designs. Are they borrowing UQM's designs with modification? Or are these all General Motors techonolgy? Is UQM going to be a supplier, or are they going to license use of their designs? Any information or guidance would be most appreciated. All the articles I can find either omit by design or ignorance. I've been watching UQM (AMEX) for some time and thought (perhaps in error!) that when GM began hybrid production, UQM would begin to show some lustre, but the stock has been mired in a trading funk that seems to show no letup. They have several defense related projects they are involved with including a Hummer hybrid. Thanks!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.