Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hello All, first time I've ever posted on a message board...how about those Wave??? Definitely not typical management. Oh by the way, this is Kim, "Napikwan" means "white man" in Blackfeet
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
...and here is the "new guy's" newsletter.

Malibu, CA (AP)-In an unprecedented move, the Malibu Wave have traded away their entire January 2001 draft. GM Peterson states, "I had a professional committment on January 6th that supersedes the draft. I know that is hard to believe as it is customary for Malibu to come into the draft as prepared as anyone, and draft day is the conclusion and summation of the holiday season, indeed like a second Christmas. We feel that our team is right there, with our years of collecting young players, now in the prime of their careers."

Three of Malibu's top young players Mitch Meluskey, Tony Batista, and Steve Cox were dealt to Central Valley, along with Malibu's first, sixth, and eighth round picks for veteran Condor players Dave Justice, Curt Schilling, and Trevor Hoffman. In a separate trade Malibu traded their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, and two 8th round picks they owned (Central Valley's and Jackson's) to Evanston for Edgar Renteria, Rick Helling, and Matt Anderson.

Peterson continues, "We might have given up too much, especially to Evanston, but we are now solid at all positions, and Renteria is still only 25, and "Puff" Anderson is 24, both having a good future. We also hope to resign a few of our free agents if the "pull-back" measure passed, or at least draft replacements for them if we have he "ninth round". Overall we are very pleased with these personnel moves, and hope they put us over the top."
Print the post Back To Top