Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 14
Thought I would pass on that DW got a call from a call center
claiming to represent Medicare. They said she had not received her new card
and wanted to talk to her. She had gotten the new card a long time back -
and when told their call was ridiculous they hung up.

Be careful of callers asking about the new cards - and don't volunteer the
new number.

The usual suspects are still looking to rob everyone.

Howie52
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
<<Thought I would pass on that DW got a call from a call center
claiming to represent Medicare. >>

These days, I pretty much leave my phone turned off unless I want to make a call myself.

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 3
Thought I would pass on that DW got a call from a call center claiming to represent Medicare. They said she had not received her new card and wanted to talk to her.

The good news is that I haven't received a call.

The bad news is that I can't remember where I put the new Medicare card that I received. I must have taken it out of my fag bag and only returned my Medicare Advantage card.

The good news is that I looked again and found it in another compartment of my fag bag.

For the uninitiated and according to some Marines that I know, the term "fag bag" refers to a Männer Handtashen (men's hand bag). I bought one in Germany in the Eighties to replace my wallet and my right buttock has been thanking me ever since.
I keep a whistle near the phone. When one of my grandkids calls with a problem (needing money) or something similar to the medicare call, I will play along for a few minutes then I start blasting with the whistle.
P.S. I have no grandkids
I say,"hold on,someones't the door.I put the phone down & come back in two minutes.
'I'll be right with you".

Then four or five minutes later,I come back & hang up the phone.
No. of Recommendations: 7
Why anyone answers the phone nowadays when the caller is unknown is beyond me. If you're not in my contacts list, you can leave a voicemail.

🆁🅶🅱
No. of Recommendations: 1
Why anyone answers the phone nowadays when the caller is unknown is beyond me. If you're not in my contacts list, you can leave a voicemail.

I have 30 numbers blocked and I still get 4-6 calls a day -- One is warning me that the IRS is coming to take me to jail, another who wants to reduce my CC interest rate, etc. The latest is an unnamed company going out of business and they want to refund my overpayments. But most don't leave messages when the voicemail kicks in.

I don't pick up the phone ever unless it's a person I know and to whom I wish to speak.
I've wondered what I'd have to do to keep my mother from speaking with these folks -- She had all her wits about her but thought it rude to hang up on people. And I doubt that I'd have been able to convince her that these calls are dangerous.
No. of Recommendations: 1
"I don't pick up the phone ever unless it's a person I know and to whom I wish to speak."

All well and good if you have a "modern" phone that shows the caller's number, but some older ones don't show anything. It's no problem, though; we just hang up on robocalls. Some are truly laughable!

By the way, I assume everyone knows now never to say YES to anything since that can be recorded and put into some kind of agreement by the scam artist.

Vermonter
<<By the way, I assume everyone knows now never to say YES to anything since that can be recorded and put into some kind of agreement by the scam artist.

Vermonter>>

YES....

Seattle Pioneer