Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I brought my car in for service at Pep Boys today and they told me that my left rear rim is bent - not to the point that it's unsafe, but it is slightly bent. I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima SE and I called up the dealership since Pep Boys doesn't carry rims any longer, and they want $592 for a new rim. I actually told the guy that I only needed on rim, and he told me that was the price for just one. Ouch!

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might be able to buy one for cheaper on the Internet? I'm not too familiar with automobile sites, so I was hoping to get some help here since someone pointed out Drivewire.com to me for my xenon bulb which saved me a ton of cash. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem they carry a rim for my car. Thanks in advance.

- Steiner74
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
There are rim places that will straighten the rim for $50-100. They will also sell used rims.

My father used a place that had good reviews on the BMW board I used to frequent. It's in Long Island, NY and they have a web site also (don't remember the name, sorry).

A little searching and:

http://www.rimpro.com/about.html
No. of Recommendations: 2
Does anyone have any suggestions ....................................
not to the point that it's unsafe, but it is slightly bent. ............

Get another opinion. If it isn't unsafe, you have all the time in the world to shop around.
There are probably hundreds of identical rims sitting in wrecking yards from 2002 Maximas that were in accidents but the rims survived that you could get one maybe even still with a tire for $100 or so.

If it is unsafe don't worry about matching it, just get the right size generic rim from somebody for maybe $50, and use it until you find a matching rim at a price that you like.

Pete
No. of Recommendations: 2
A) Straighten the rim, especially if it is only "a little" bent.

B) eBay for a new rim

C) Junkyard for a new rim.

D) $600 would probably get you a nice set of American Eagle/American Racing rims for all four corners using your OE tires.

All of these are far more cheaper options than going to the dealer for the rim - OEM rims are WAY over priced across the board.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I'm sure there are plenty of kids with 20002 Nissan Maximas "upgrading" their rims and looking to dump the OEMs for cheap. See if you can find a Maxima enthusiast board, or watch Ebay. Your best bet would be to find someone who has scraped a couple of rims on a curb, and is selling the set for very little $$.
I found a wholesale wheel place locally when I had to replace a rim where I got it for about half what the dealer wanted. Call around and see who has that rim.

If you live in St. Louis, I can give you the name of the place I got my rim.

-Matt
Call up Tire Rack (www.tirerack.com). They have excellent prices on steel and alloy rims. Also check on eBay.