No. of Recommendations: 4
This deserves its own page in Jane's Military Aircraft.

Russia's new drone looks like a snowy owl, and it has a deadly purpose
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russias-new-drone-looks...

</snip>

intercst
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Russia's new drone looks like a snowy owl, and it has a deadly purpose

I read that last night, my first thought is that all snowy owls (real or fake) will be shot down on sight?

Anymouse <a bigger hammer always works>
And China has designed recon drones that fly, move, and look like doves for domestic surveillance operations.

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-is-testing-creepy-dove...

I imagine DARPA has its own versions.

LOLOL
ralph
It might look like an owl to the human eye...but what does it look like to radar, IR cameras or even a standard RGB camera in its flight pattern compared to a real owl?

Mike
No. of Recommendations: 3
"...This deserves its own page in Jane's Military Aircraft..."---intercst

Dear cold war Fools:

All of you guys aren't using your heads. That owl is going to wind up in some nature program. You know the kind, where they make a penguin-bot, or a rock-bot, or (recently) a dolphin-bot to 'infiltrate' and 'spy' on the subject at hand. Well, that's where that owl is heading for, nature-show fame.

And then its applications are limited. Like it would arouse suspicion flying with a flock of sea gulls or with a bunch of vultures or a gaggle of pigeons.

So sorry guys! That's all old-fashion Rocky & Bullwinkle cold-war diddlywho.

I say we should use autonomous vehicles disguised as, well, as autonomous vehicles. Think about it! One of those things could drive around Moscow or Bejing or Tehran or Pyongyang all the live long day gathering information. If it's disguised as a ride-sharing service car it might help pay for its own covert operations! And it might get really lucky and get hailed by some high-ranking officials and reveal some James Bond evil diddlywho while they're on their way to the local Starbucks or Colonel Sanders or Domino Pizza or McDonalds or something or other, spilling the beans by detailing (in detail) how to take-out America!

But this deadly, sinister, Boris & Natasha owl-bot Russian stuff? Eh! Sounds like a dime novel 'who-done-it' stuff.

Your paperback Fool,
FM
Russia's new drone looks like a snowy owl, ....

But does it *sound* like a snowy owl?

Sounds like a drone? Yeah, good luck with that.