Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Been here a month. This is my first shot at posting.

I am holding five separate accounts at Schwab. #1 is the LIVING account - I am semiretired and this is where we look to an income stream. #2 is our daughter's COLLEGE account - it will start being tapped in 8 years. #3 is WIFE's IRA and #4 MY IRA. We will delay tapping the IRAs until we find the LIVING account is not sufficient.

Here's my dilemma: I am going schizophrenic! Each account needs it's own investing approach. When I find something I like for one of the IRAs I want to put it in the other IRA also!

#5 is my SANDBOX. I get to play any strategy I want (short, long, simple and advanced optio strategy). The intent is to try new things. If they work, earnings go the LIVING account or to some bleeding edge piece of hardware or software or audio or video that everyone knows is essential to optimal investment returns :-).

That's the system in which I'm starting this work with TMF. If anyone has fought a similar battle before and can tell me what works (or what to avoid) I would be thrilled.

Happy to be here and to beco e foolishly assimilated.

PhysicsRules
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.