Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Today I had this delivered (some assembly required) :)

https://www.woodstockint.com/products/w1837

Yay me!

I had been looking at this class of table saw off and on over the past year, and I decided to bite the bullet and get'r done.

I did a cursory look around and found it on Amazon for $900. I was at work at the time and waited to get home to buy it. But when I got home, the very same page now had it listed for $1,000!!

Grrrr....

So I kept looking. Found a place on Ebay that offered it for $820, but I didn't recognize that seller, so I decided to sleep on it.

The next day I checked Amazon again and what do you know? It was now offered for $819. Plus free shipping. Plus I could schedule the delivery and the 3-hour delivery window of my choice.

Sold!

I hate that Amazon plays with you like that. I often find that when I want to make a repeat purchase, the price has jumped 15-30%.

Anyhow, tomorrow is the big assembly day.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.