Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
First time caller here and hopin some of you ol' fools can help me out alittle.

I've been doing everything possible to learn, but am still confused as heck. I've read Foolish Four, TMF Investment Guide, finished the accompanying workbook, read John Tracey's 'how to read financial statements' and just finished rule maker/breakers. I loved all the books and understood them.

However, I have a big chunk in mutual funds and have to REALLY transfer this stuff over.I'm just overwhelmed with the boards and how to navigate this site to actually put construtive use to my time. The books were great and easy to follow but here online and actually having to choose is difficult to know really where to go. I have signed up for the rule breakers online seminar, but that isn't RULE MAKERS. I need to choose around 8 rule makers and really haven't a clue where to start. Should i start visiting certain company boards? is that kind of the normal way?Is there a board that would give me some ideas of what may be a comprensive list that people are considering as rule makers... the foolish four seemed to have a way to narrow the search,,, i know the RM's are different but is there a way to narrow the search to say where i could follow 10 boards...and or is this the way for a newbie to get started...any tips on daily routines, news, boards, sites,habits i should be developing.. .... if you have any suggestions how to steer my educational research online I sure would appreciate it...it seems i spend hours looking around just spinning wheels without knowing how to concentrate on knowing what to look for to make some good investment decisions....

any foolsih advice would sure be appreciated by this frustrated fool. Thanks, and i hope to meet some friends.

Folliton
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.