Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
OK I admit it - I am a newbie. I have spent time reading the Fool OnLine as well as the Investment Guide. I am still in need of direction. My company is starting a Simple IRA next month. I have no initial capital to make an investment. I have to use the broker the IRA is set up with. Fortunately, I can do DCA which I plan to do. Also, I will have several hundred dollars a month in which to invest. Question (Finally) Which investing strategy to you recommend? The Dow 10, The Dow 5, Rule Maker, Vanguard Index (just kidding)? I realize that I can take it easy for the first 6-12 months (building up assets and then go after the above mentioned). Any ideas?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
For someone who has no initial nest egg, DRPs are the way to go. You might consider checking out the links at the bottom of this page on The Basics of DRP investing. I too am a newbie of sorts, and this was my logical landing place. It's the only way I can see to buy stocks without five or ten grand, and without incurring huge commissions. Additionally, DRPs offer the appeal of dollar-cost averaging, which is great. As far as your investment strategy, that will ultimately be up to you. Personally, I plan to mirror the Fool's DRP portfolio.

Best of Luck,
Knavish
Print the post Back To Top