Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Please pardon the newbie question, but I was hoping someone could explain why some stocks are so 'thinly' traded. I understand that the nature of our Hidden Gems makes them largely undiscovered by the larger world and that this is a good thing for us, but I notice huge variances between the activity levels of some picks. FARO seems near the top (understandably with all the press) but CNXS seems so low. For a company with a nationally recognized product line, sound financials and some press coverage it surprises me. AWGI (Alderwoods) I can understand because it seems more 'off the radar'.

Anyway - I've rambled enough, but I hope that someone can shed some light.

Thank you,

Sebastiansarrow
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.