Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi all, would appreciate any advice on a trade I made, and perhaps will be worthwhile/educational to share.

I have been researching and occasionally buying call options on companies that appear to be undervalued. Pretty straightforward. Learning while trying. I stumbled into some beginner luck and bought a call option (100 shares) of AAPL, $420 strike, expiry is June 18 2021. My per share cost basis is 2.42 and price per share is now $76.15. I'm struggling to figure out a coherent exit strategy.

I do not consider myself an equity market pro, and I view these little trades as conservative investments to make possibly make a little money without putting much capital at risk. If I'm not too confident APPL has more upside, I'm thinking I should sell and be happy with my profit. I'm sure there are some technical ways to analyze this trade, but I'm trying to stick with my KISS investing strategy. The one variable I am unsure if is time decay. I have 9+ plus months left on this contract, is there any rule of thumb to think about with this longer time horizon?

Any and all thoughts appreciated!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.