Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Yesterday I received my check and a letter back from Wells Fargo saying they were no longer going to be the agent for the Kellogg DRIP. I called the new company BROADRIDGE and found out that they have yet to send out the 'welcome' letters to say they are the new agent. Seems this happened very quickly.

So if you are about to send money or have after Sept 23rd you will get your check back from Wells Fargo.

I wonder if this was done as a result of the Wells Fargo drama that has occurred or not. Just very interesting timing. BROADRIDGE representative said everything would stay the same and thy had the correct balance in my account so hopefully the transition will be smooth and painless.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thank you for recommending this post to our Best of feature.

BROADRIDGE representative said everything would stay the same and thy had the correct balance in my account so hopefully the transition will be smooth and painless.

So you already had an account with Broadridge?

What are their fees?

TIA Dave
No. of Recommendations: 2
No I had never heard of them. But I asked what the fee structure would be for Kellogg and they said it would be just like when it was at Wells Fargo. The company picks up all the fees. That is one reason I liked to DRIP into Kellogg. So I am waiting to see the welcome letter.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Thank you for recommending this post to our Best of feature.

No I had never heard of them. But I asked what the fee structure would be for Kellogg and they said it would be just like when it was at Wells Fargo. The company picks up all the fees. That is one reason I liked to DRIP into Kellogg. So I am waiting to see the welcome letter.

Good for you; looking into lots of options before committing to one.

Here are some other free options you might want to look into while you're waiting:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=free+drip+plans
No. of Recommendations: 2
Thanks for the link. I wish the article told you how to contact the company to find out the details about the DRIP.

For me anyway DRIP investing is great because you can send as much as you what to send that month. You don't have to commit to buy a full share and paying a fee to some online brokerage house or think gee if it is going to cost me 6.95 if I buy one share or 10 I should make that fee worthwhile. Then you try to save up enough to make a decent sized purchase. With the DRIP idea that all goes away. You can buy a portion of a share or whatever.

It is sort of like putting money in a piggy bank except this has a chance at a better payoff.