Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Name the NFL team that scored a touchdown on the very first play of their first regular season game. Extra credit for naming the player who scored.

~aj
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Name the NFL team that scored a touchdown on the very first play of their first regular season game. Extra credit for naming the player who scored.

The Saints scored on a kickoff return, but I don't remember who it was.

It was all downhill for them after that.

"Their first regular season game" = the first one this season, or the first one ever (i.e., that team's expansion season)?

--WP
No. of Recommendations: 1
I could not remember the name of the player, so I went to the website to find the answer.

Spoiler space

Sept. 17 - Saints open 1st regular season schedule in style as rookie RB John Gilliam returned the opening kickoff 94 yards for a TD, but lost to the Los Angeles Rams, 27-13 in front of 80,879 at Tulane Stadium;

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/custompage.cfm?pageid=66

"Sept. 17 - Saints open 1st regular season schedule in style as rookie RB John Gilliam returned the opening kickoff 94 yards for a TD, but lost to the Los Angeles Rams, 27-13 in front of 80,879 at Tulane Stadium;"

Ding-ding-ding-ding...... a winner.

~aj